Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot"

Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot"


By Nakiya Gorham posted on January 24, 2022

_____________________________________________________________________




I think we can agree that we're happy to finally make it to the spring semester.

Like WOW, I have finally made it to my last semester in college. 

You see I have been struggling to take this class for the last two years. When I really wanted to take it I had to take a more rigorous schedule. 

Unfortunately for me year after year I would add/drop this class every semester before the first full week of classes began because there was always something. 

Well, how hard could it be?


HARD. Here are a few things that hindered me from being great: 

  • FMX 210 was booked and the only class available was for Film Majors
  • A course I needed to fulfill my Communication major was only offered during the spring.
  • Or my personal favorite a global pandemic comes and ruins everything

Regardless of what has happened in the past, I'm glad to be able to have this opportunity to be here. 

So let me quit being rude and introduce myself.


Well to kick things off let me introduce myself informally of course. Hi, my name is Nakiya Gorham. I am a senior with a Communication major with an Advertising & Public Relations minor. 

The moral of the story, I decided to follow a career path that will pay me to run my mouth. If you must know I am a Libra/Scorpio cusp (shoutout to my Costar besties), 22 years old (again, I refuse to age since COVID took a year), and I am from the "heart of the south", also known as Atlanta, GA. 

On a scale of 1-10, how excited am I to be here?


I'm pretty excited to be in this however I'm more excited to really apply myself and learn a new skillset. 

I have always had such respect for creatives. 

Genuinely, I am just a lover of art. It has no limits, no boundaries, and only YOU can interpret what art and creativity mean to you. 

Being in FMX 210 I feel like I'll finally get that outlet to let my creativity flow. 

I have heard nothing but shining reviews about Professor Santiago and I knew I needed to end my semester strong with a class I know I can actually apply in the real world. 

My expectations aren't ridiculously high because my priority is to actually just learn things that I can use for real-world experience.

I look forward to learning, focusing on a new skill, and meeting new individuals. 

Can't wait to see you guys in class.

xx. -Kiya

 

Comments

Popular Posts